We are recruiting a fantastic Project Engineer position to work for a Global FTSE 250 Aerospace Manufacturer based in the West Midlands. After significant investment and an increasing global order book, my client is looking for a Project Engineer who has experience in mitigating project risk, have worked closely with key suppliers to improve output and can identify performance critical features. In return candidates will be offered project autonomy and progression throughout.
Our client is a market leading Global FTSE 250 Aerospace Manufacturer based in the West Midlands region. With an international scope and sites across the UK this is a chance to join a business who supply into a number of the world's leading OEM's. After important investment which has resulted in increased headcount across all departments, my client is now looking for a Project Engineer to work in their Supply Chain function.
- Oversight of supplier's design and development process. This will include guidance for risk mitigation testing, buy off of critical design reviews, planning and execution of qualification testing.
- Engineering support for build to print outsourcing. This will include identification of performance critical features, planning and execution of validation testing and root cause and corrective action analysis for systemic non-conformance's.
- Supplier Development. This will include working closely with key suppliers to proactively develop their capabilities in line with the company's product line and quality expectations.
- Build to print outsourcing of new or sustaining parts requires engineering support to ensure that part critically is understood by the supply chain
- Consult with both customers and suppliers during the development of supplier hardware to establish the problem statement, conceive potential hardware solutions to the problem often through extensive trade studies and then work with the supplier to create a successful technical proposal.
- Minimum degree qualified
- Strong previous experience in either an Auto/Aero Tier 1 environment
- Good knowledge of APQP, FMEA, 8D
- Design and development background
- Six Sigma Green Belt qualified would be advantageous
£45,000 - £50,000 + benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job