Exciting Opportunity - Project Manager - Full time/Perm - Immed Start - £28,000-£35,000 - Darlington
Your new company
Our client is a small family owned business based in Darlington & Newton Aycliffe, they operate in a number of different markets with the products they offer and is one of the leaders in the global market.
Your new role
You will be an enthusiastic and energetic Project Manager with a good eye for detail and confidence in their own abilities. The Project Manager role will work on the delivery of technical engineering projects within both sides of the business.
You will be expected to develop an understanding of the products and their application within the industry sectors we serve. You will quickly become involved with the design and development of new products and will assist in the delivery of existing projects, both in the UK and worldwide. At the heart of this role will be the ability to provide a technical link between the sales team, our customers and the manufacture / delivery of this project by our production facilities. As a successful candidate you will have the occasional need to travel worldwide to meet with clients and to conduct site visits where necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have have the following skills and characteristics:
- At least three years of experience of project management in a manufacturing environment.
- Whilst a degree is not necessary, applicants with education in an appropriate engineering / technical discipline will be welcomed, as will those with equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Confident in reading drawings produced by computer aided design software and in the production of simpler working drawings.
- Ability to develop an incomplete sales specification and translate this into precise design specifications so that a project can be produced by the factory
- Ability to work closely and precisely with sales staff, our clients and our production teams to allow a project to be delivered accurately and on-time.
- Be willing to undertake some overseas travel (Attending/Exhibiting at trade shows/Client visits/trade missions)
- Assist with the quoting and preparation of tenders, shipping and related administration.
- Be good with figures, calculating costs in both Sterling and local currencies.
- Be open-minded with a willingness to learn and train in new areas.
- A self-starter with the confidence to use their own initiative
- Honesty, integrity, flexibility, someone who is dependable, reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Creative, with the ability to solve problems, whilst providing cost effective solutions
- Take responsibility for their own processes.
- Have a good telephone manner, be professional, organised and polished at all times
What you'll get in return
This is full time, permanent role based between the Darlington and Aycliffe sites. The role may also include international travelling from time to time. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to really make your mark within a company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.