Experience managing CAPEX budgets for Engineering improvements.
£40,000 - £45,000
Are you an experienced Project Engineer with experience in heavy industrial manufacturing environments? Do you have knowledge and experience of managing CAPEX budgets for Engineering Improvements? Have you got experience delivering on cost reduction and plant improvement projects?
Project Engineer: opportunity
My client are a leading European producer in their field. We are looking for an established Project Engineer. The candidate will have experienced implementing cost reduction and plant improvement projects as well as managing a CAPEX budget. This the opportunity to be involved in a breadth of improvements across an already established site. It will make use of a broad array of skills and Process Engineering knowledge.
Project Engineer: responsibilities
- Identify improvement potential across the site within processes and propose tangible solutions,
- Initiate, manage and implement CAPEX projects across site,
- Provide Project Management functions consistent with business plan,
- Produce detailed budgets, drawings and specifcations etc. In support of the process team,
- Arrange and attend meetings with individual stakeholders, departments,
- Identify potential suppliers and contractors with the right capabilities,
- Ensure adequate risk assessments and method statements are completed for all process improvements,
- Liase with other departments within the company and elsewhere and co-ordinate all work to ensure the minimum disruption of operating plant.
- Ensured continued reading of Continuous Improvement literature and keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of continuous improvement,
- Identify skills shortages and training that would see
Project Engineer: experience
- Previous experience working as Project Engineer in relevant industries.
- Experience with technical documentation, drawings, specifications and quotes.
- Experience working with external contractors and technical services.
- Familiar with statutory regulations and permit to work systems.
- Experience commissioning projects >£0.5M.
- Achieved a Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- A broad knowledge of a variety of engineering disciplines.
- Be able to provide technical solutions and proposals.
- Analytical & problem solving skills are essential.
- The ability to deliver/explain/influence strategies to at all level within the business.
- A sound working knowledge of change management.
- Communicate with people at all levels in a professional manner.
- Be competent in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Knowledge of PLC systems would be advantageous.
- Have a flexible work ethic and be able to work under pressure.