With a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary and fantastic workforce, our client are looking for a hardworking enthusiastic Project Engineer to join their team. Our client are one of the leading automotive retrofit manufacturers and are keen to take on someone who will bring a positive precise ethic to the team. If you are competent with NPI processes and drive continuous improvement this is the job for you.
The Project Engineer is a key engineering role providing the technical link to various areas of the business whilst supporting the end customer.
The successful applicant will be proficient in delivering complex technical projects and will be required to manage inputs from, and trade-offs with, various engineering disciplines.
The role requires interaction with design, manufacturing, CAE and development teams to successfully deliver the engineering content of projects on time and in budget.
This positions will ideally suit an individual who is able to work in a matrix organisation, is comfortable managing conflicting demands and is confident working with external customers on engineering projects.
• Work closely with internal and external customers
• Support product development through NPI processes from initial concept and project definition, through design activities, DFMEA creation, development of Verification and Validation plans and tracking on technical objectives
• Fully manage the delivery of the engineering work content for development projects including controlling project engineering budgets
• Deliver feedback to drive continuous improvements within the company
• Train and mentor junior engineers and help to develop robust process and procedures within the team
• Support the Head of Development to plan and manage departmental resources, workload and budgets.
Education and Qualifications
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or an appropriate science based subject
• Demonstrable industrial experience in a relevant engineering position.
Technical Knowledge and Ability
• A broad grasp of engineering and scientific principles relating to design engineering
• A good balance of theoretical understanding and practical knowledge with the drive to see the project through to completion
• Capable of using MSOffice and suitable packages to undertake the role
• Experience with the application of exhaust systems
• Experience of CFD & FEA and/or NVH.
• GD&T principals
• Design background in Stainless Steels
• Vehicle chassis systems
• Manufacturing engineering and/or design for manufacture
• Controls development
• Exhaust catalyst performance.