- The Certification team is part of Powertrain delivering Emissions, Fuel economy & Power certification through close working with global approval authorities. The team's primary function is to deliver certified data through the preparation and delivery of Vehicle emissions testing.
- The department faces many challenges relating to conducting efficient vehicle test programs, whilst maintaining/developing relationships with formal authorities.
- A key part of the role for the prep team is to successfully prepare prototype vehicles in order to demonstrate fuel economy and emissions performance.
- Testing is carried out both at UK facilities and overseas facilities based on market requirements. Knowledge of vehicle architecture and system interfaces such as FlexRay and CAN.
- Analytical and logical mind-set to ensure robust plans and processes are developed and followed. Data analysis experience pertaining to vehicle systems and/or exhaust emissions
- An appreciation of the certification process and its importance to the company Knowledge of PT Certification Legislated Tests in at least one discipline or market area as a minimum Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative. Proven experience of dealing with challenging situations.
- Effective communication and team-working skills.
- A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology
- A degree or relevant equivalent experience Computer literate with experience of working with MS packages. A full UK/EU driving licence
- The ability to travel globally
- 3 Years' Experience working in Powertrain related discipline
- Knowledge of Certification/Homolgation Testing and legislation.
- Proven project management skills in an engineering environment
- Must have at least 3 years working in a Powertrain/Automotive related discipline.
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Automotive or Engineering Discipline.
- Knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and vehicle integration
- Degree or Equivalent Qualification. Experience in automotive development environment, preferred in a vehicle emissions/engine performance arena
- Must be able to Travel Globally and have a full UK Driving License
- The main site is Whitley; however, testing occurs across both Gaydon and Solihull
- Travel between sites will not always be necessary but 1 to 2 days a week is likely to be away from Whitley International Travel is generally conducted on a Rota basis.
- It will generally be a maximum of a couple of times a year
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job