It Project Engineer £53000 neg NW London
- Act as technical resource, in support of project installations which utilise a variety of technologies
- When directed, technically approve planned installations, upgrades and change requests. Ensure that appropriate technical implementation plans, test plans, and contingency plans are in place and ensure that existing systems are not compromised by any proposed changes.
- Ensure that acceptance testing and witness testing of new installations and changes to existing installations is carried out before handover to BAU for on-going management.
- Ensure that Project Managers and the business are regularly updated on project process.
- As requested, create design standards, equipment lists, standardised configurations, test plans etc for inclusion in proposals and incorporation into project plans.
- As directed, provide Technical pre-sales support to the sales team including the preparation of technical proposals and delivery of technical presentations to customers and potential customers.
- When requested, review and approve sales proposals from a technical perspective and ensure that any proposed technical solution is in line with standards and that the solution proposed is appropriate, given financial constraints imposed and that managed technical risk maps are in place.
- Ensure that all software, hardware and communication systems recommended for inclusion in system designs are robust, value for money and all risks of failure together with the consequences of failure have been fully identified.
- Identify and propose new technologies to the Technical Director for consideration.
- Understand the road map of all products and solutions we offer to the client base.
Gain and maintain relevant supplier accreditations, as agreed with the Technical Director, to support this responsibility.
Ensure that the Change Control process is adhered to.
Ensure that all billable time is correctly logged in the ConnectWise system.
As directed, perform audits of existing and potential client environments to ascertain suitable solutions to propose.
Virtualisation platforms - Strong understanding of and experience with VMware - VCP preferred;
Strong knowledge and experience migrating workloads to public cloud platforms, Office365 & Azure;
Full Microsoft stack knowledge, Server 2008-2016, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SQL, server migrations and upgrades;
Strong understanding of networking, including fundamentals, routing, VPNs and experiencing migrating and installing networking hardware from various vendors;
Good understanding of Linux;
Experience of scripting via Powershell;
Strong experience and knowledge of various backup technologies, disaster recovery, bare metal recoveries etc;
Strong understanding and experience of Exchange including initial configuration, DAG, migration, monitoring;
Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
Knowledge of other non-Microsoft cloud platforms AWS, Google etc
Knowledge and experience of session based hosting / VDI - VMware, Citrix, Terminal services etc
Strong storage skills, Fibre channel, ISCSI, SAN and NAS
Network certification including CCNA
Immediate interviews for the right candidate!! apply now... Please only apply if you have eligibility to work in UK and have relevant experience ideally withn a small company
Must have experience of running an office 365 migration end to end and high level of Linux understanding and working knowledge as well as firewall configuration
- Network Installation