The company designs, supplies and installs smoke ventilation systems for underground and enclosed car parks and high-rise buildings. The size of projects varies from small residential developments to large multipurpose developments.
Our client are the inventor of the Jet Fan principle for car park ventilation. They also provide solutions for above ground smoke ventilation system requirements. Due to a steady growth over the past few years, they now have a vacancy for a project engineer.
The position will require a highly organised, self-disciplined, committed and enthusiastic 'all-rounder’. Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be trained on the job are a must-have. An understanding of both steel fabricated mechanical and electrical components would be greatly beneficial. Additional knowledge of air movement/ventilation equipment would be advantageous.
The job will be permanently office based in their office in Melksham. The successful applicant will primarily be required to assist the project manager in taking projects from order handover from the sales team through to the project completion as well as the service and maintenance. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Providing full support to project manager
- Efficient organisation of all documentation to allow traceability of project manager and project team
- Make detailed technical submissions
- Prepare detailed designs for the systems, including pressure and sound calculations
- Prepare detailed drawings in DWG. format
- Arrange supplier quotes and purchase orders
- Arrange for deliveries and book in site installation teams on site
The applicant should be confident, have excellent communications and inter-personal skills and have an ability to develop strong business relationships. Exceptional telephone manners are a must have.
The successful candidate would play an active role within the contracting team, liaising with the project manager. Ultimately, to provide all the technical support to bring a project from order to on-time completion and handover to the customer within budget.
The successful candidate will possess; - Considerable experience of a busy office environment using IT and other communication methods to liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers effectively - GCSE or equivalent in Maths /English. A Levels and a degree would be advantageous - A desire to learn new skills and acquire product/system knowledge - A practical, systematic and logical approach to problem solving - Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills - Excellent customer services and client management skills - The ability to be a strong team player
- Initiative and a proactive approach - The ability to work independently and with minimum supervision - PC Literacy in Microsoft Office - Commercial awareness - Negotiation skills - Good attention to detail - Auto-CAD skills - Knowledge of the construction industry, and preferably the smoke ventilation industry would also be advantageous - Be trustworthy and reliable
Competitive salary dependent upon experience
Job specific training
25 days' holiday + bank holiday’s