Project Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
You will be required to support internal and external customers through the delivery of creative solutions across a broad range of engineering projects within a challenging pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- You will provide an effective comprehensive project engineering service for assigned capital investment projects;
- Ensure that the required standard of cGMP, GEP and EHS are anticipated, implemented and maintained for all areas of responsibility;
- Manage and maintain accurate financial and programme data to ensure control of capital expenditure and delivery to agreed timeframes for assigned projects;
- Ensure engineering project work is undertaken by competent staff and that resources are effectively managed. Where external engineering consultants and contractors are engaged, ensure that the services provided are in accordance with company standards and practices.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Have a recognised Degree or equivalent in an Mechanical Engineering biased subject;
- Have several years’ experience in a Pharmaceutical project engineering role with a bias towards the design installation and commissioning of mechanical installations including vessels, pipework, pumps and civil installation work. They should have a sound understanding of the validation life-cycle for engineering projects and the importance of GxP.
Terms of Employment:
- Starting as soon as possible, working 37.5 hours per week, with the requirement for occasional travel as required to support project delivery;
- While the role holder will not have any direct reports, they will be required to supervise and instruct contract engineers and tradespersons.
What makes this position unique?
The Engineering Projects Department supports all functions on site and you can expect to experience a broad range of project activities, ranging from pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment and facilities through to site infrastructure and utilities.
Benefits of working in this role
The opportunity to be at the forefront of change with the fantastic personal satisfaction of being to see projects through from concept to reality.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.