Knutsford (Some travel requirements)
Supplying in to Blue chip FMCG Manufacturing Businesses
Monday to Friday - 8am to 4.30pm
Working within a fast paced, manufacturing facility & reporting in to the project manager, your role will be:
Ensuring that Customers' expectations are clearly and consistently communicated to the business, and that colleagues are clear on the technical elements of a project so agreed requirements are delivered to planned timescales. Timely and accurate completion of specifications for machines, and tools, and testing and validation of equipment against these documents.
* Manage projects for the full range of machines and tools offered, to ensure Customer deadlines are met
* Attend tech team meetings for non-standard machinery enquiries, and complete any actions allocated. This may include creating drawings, and attending meetings or site visits with the relevant Sales Engineer.
* Upon receipt of order, attend customer site to clarify customer requirements. Where necessary make modifications to proposal and provide the details to the Sales Engineer sop that any changes can be quoted for accordingly.
* Ensure that a detailed handover is carried out with the wider business in line with SOP for this process, to ensure that everyone is fully aware of the technical details of the Customer's requirements.
* Liaise with Seal Technologist to ensure that all seal and filling trials are completed where required.
* Ensure that Machine Specification and machine/line drawing are signed off by the customer and a scanned copy of these records is saved in the Customer folder (server).
* Produce a Gantt Chart for the project, incorporating key milestones and the agreed delivery date; add this detail to the Milestone Gates Spreadsheet (web hosted)
* Request the required dates for Installation and Commissioning using the Service Visits calendar, providing all relevant detail for the works to be completed.
* Ensure that the progress of the order through the factory is maintained reporting achievement of gate dates, in line with the SOP. Address any issues or concerns directly with the responsible department and ensure that documented plans are saved into the Customer folder.
* Keep customer informed at relevant stages of the machine build.
* Upon completion of machine build assist in a full internal PDI to confirm the customer's specification has been adhered to, and target speeds and sealing criteria can be achieved. Where necessary ensure that all faults are rectified and invite the Customer to attend for PDI/FAT, if required.
* Report PDI findings to Assembly Team Leader(s), Design and Systems departments as appropriate.
* Prepare and complete all documentation necessary for machine installation and commissioning at customer site.
* If required, attend customer site to oversee the installation of machine.
* If required, oversee production to ensure that the machine functions to customer's requirements, keeping the Project Manager informed of progress.
* Maintain customer contact to ensure customer satisfaction during the installation and commissioning phase, keeping a snag list up to date, and providing updates of completion targets.
* Maintain computerised project files, and follow internal procedures for handling /processing documentation; paper copies of documents should be used only when necessary, and scanned onto the server as soon as feasible.
* Deal professionally, competently and courteously with customers in verbal and written communications
As a business, our client is a market leader in FMCG production and distribution internationally. With a growing portfolio of clients this role provides a stable and secure opportunity in the present economic market.
In return for your commitment my client offers a stable and secure career for technically motivated engineers. If you feel this is of interest, please send your CV to directly to Luke Goggins to
Hunter Selection Recruit Engineering professionals in Design, Manufacturing, Field Service, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'