Abalon are an IT services specialist based in London, supporting a wide variety of clients throughout the UK, providing project & deployment support, on-demand technical resource and recruitment services.
About The Role:
We are currently seeking experienced IT & EPOS Field Engineers to join our growing team of contractors throughout the UK. Successful candidates will be utilised on a variety of in-progress and upcoming IT projects & deployments throughout their geographical territory.
In addition to good all-round IT skills, candidates must have excellent communication skills as the majority of the deployment activity will be customer-facing. The ability to understand and follow pre-scripted processes is also essential. Therefore, all applicants should be customer-focused, taking pride in completing work to the highest of standards.
- Hardware deployments - EPOS, hand-held terminals, PEDs, desktops and laptops
- Software deployments - installs, upgrades and migrations
- Excellent general PC & EPOS technical knowledge
- Working alongside remote support desks to complete installations and deployments
- Working as an IT contractor via Umbrella Company or has own Limited Company
- Previous project & deployment experience ESSENTIAL. Please ensure all project experience is clearly noted on your CV/cover letter when applying. Please note applications without obvious project experience will not be considered.
- Must be eligible to work in UK and a current UK resident
- Must have a full UK driving licence with own vehicle (large hatchback, estate or 4x4 preferred)
- This is an ad-hoc contractor position. The amount of work you receive will vary on a week-by-week basis - this job is ideally suited to contractors who are looking for additional revenue streams.
- Projects & deployments may take place early morning, evenings, overnight or at weekends. In such cases, pay rates will be uplifted accordingly.
- Field Service
- Hardware Support