2 year fixed term contract.
Opportunity for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to join a large manufacturing organisation based near Maidstone, Kent.
Part of an international group, the Kent site has recently enjoyed a £100M+ investment programme - this role will help continue to deliver process equipment optimisation / process improvement projects across the site.
The job holder will be responsible for providing electrical project engineering support for process investment projects. This includes budget control of design proposals and implementation to completed commissioning of plant. Acting as site lead engineer on agreed aspects. The job holder is required to work with other project team members, site engineers, other site departments, consultant designers, suppliers, contract labour, other services and specialists as required.
- Electrical Projects background.
- HND/Degree level in relevant subject.
- Mechanical installation projects experience gained from a large process machinery environment.
- Installation and Commissioning supervision and control.
- Works to a high standard both in administration and in the field.
- Identifying / finding solutions outside of the norm that can be implemented to reduce time pressures at critical project phases (planning and using intuition).
- Self-motivated, team worker, flexible and adaptable.
- Strong computer literacy
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as Electrical project engineer for various investment projects running concurrently in the Factory environment
- Pick up tasks from a running development program and add detailed engineering requirements. Participate in the procurement process. Manage installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment.
- Produce cost estimates
- Correspond with, and conduct meetings with suppliers and internal customers and progress chase supplier deliveries.
- Specify and check drawings prior to manufacture and project execution phase.
- Project planning and timely control of execution
- Supervision of project site work, co-ordinating trades and activities, including civil works but with technical support by others as required.
- Co-ordination of commissioning
- Issue of operating instructions, documentation and manuals.
- Liaison with Production, Maintenance Departments
- Financial controls – maintain budget and best value at all times.
- Compliance with all legislation relevant to project work, and site Health and Safety rules.
- Compliance with contractor control procedures
Full Job Description available upon request to Tim Hill. Please feel free to contact me to discuss the role further.