Project Engineer Construction/Facilities NEG
Senior Project Engineer (Building & Construction)- 12 month Contract Hourly Rates NEG
Due to a refurbishment of several buildings on the Portsmouth site. This Global Engineering company are seeking a Senior Project Engineer (Project Construction Leader) to work on an initial 12 month contract. You will form part of the Buildings and Constructions team. Responsible for ensuring that all projects produce the required standard of quality, within time, meeting all regulations and code of practice deliverables.
You will be a confident individual who will lead the multifunctional team to meet the customer requirements at the same time liaising with all Facility Management and Real Estate functions to ensure handover is completed and information is shared and communicated
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Work closely with the design teams, procurement and the appointed contractors ensuing all parts of the project are going smoothly
- Plan and monitor the project status by liaising with the Project Team to assure the overall direction and integrity of the projects
- Ensure all Project Issues are properly reported via escalations to the Head of Business and reported back through the SQCDP (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, People) start of shift
- Ensure that the internal Facilities Management & Real Estate MFT is in place with regular reviews (Weekly / Monthly)
- Be responsible for change / variation process control and liaise with QS and team members to ensure compliance to the approved budget
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree Level qualification in Civil of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Proven ability to deliver results under pressure
- Proven experience with a project delivery position and construction knowledge
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Proactive and tenacious in character
- Experience working in Clean Rooms Design and Delivery would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of managing large complex projects in a production environment
Benefits: Onsite restaurant, Costa Coffee, Train Station within very short walking distance, Bike Shed, Onsite Showers, Free parking
Please Note: You will be required to apply for and receive a Basic Disclosure certificate prior the commencement of the contract.
Key words: Civil Engineering, Construction, Facilities Management, Project Engineer, Civil Engineering
Please apply by sending your CV to or please call Becca Combe for more information on .