Job Title - Project Engineer (Civils)
Location - London, Cottons Centre
Rates - up to £439.37 (Ltd) £389.00 (PAYE) In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working on a variety of projects within IP South East portfolio carrying out the project engineer role supporting the delivery of Structures, Geotech, Enhancement schemes and supporting E&P, Signalling and Telecoms projects.
* Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
* Engineer Projects to the standards and specification of Network Rail, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
* Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
* Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with Network Rail's environmental policy.
* Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
* Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage so that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations
* Monitor so that the contractor's design/construction/specialist's personnel are competent.
* Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
* Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
* Identify and share best practice across the various project teams
Your experience will include:
* Similar Civil and Rail project engineering experience in a previous role
* Successful relevant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
* Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
* Knowledge of quality assurance.
* An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
* CDM, risk assessment, auditing internal and external competency.
* CITB CSCS scheme.
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p><strong>Job Title – Project Engineer (Civils)</str
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job