WorkForce are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer (BIW) on behalf of a well-established and rapidly expanding automotive manufacturer based in Coventry. This is a fantastic time to join this flourishing business who have increased supply into several of their major OEM customers which has lead to record sales for the business in 2017.
Day to day duties will include the following:
- You will report into the Engineering & Quality Director, taking responsibility for the Project Management of parts into a number of prestigious Automotive OEM customers
- You will take responsibility for overseeing all NPI activities for the business
- Take responsibility for handling all prototype project requirements
- Communicate effectively with the customer to ensure the project meets budget & on time delivery, whilst ensuring client has an up to date understanding of the programme and any engineering changes
- Work closely with tooling & press shop to ensure correct tooling has been produced
- Management of a multiple critical projects at any one time
- Monitor effectively all PPAP/APQP project requirements
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Previous experience of working within a Body in White (BIW) Production Environment (Essential)
- Previous experience working within the Automotive Industry (Essential)
- You will have experience of working closely with Automotive OEM customers, managing a wide range of Projects (Advantageous)
- Strong understanding of tooling/prototype tooling and press shop (Advantageous)
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders as you will successfully manage customer expectations whilst coordinating internal teams to meet the customers requirements (Essential)
What is on offer?
- The opportunity to join a well-established business who have a great reputation locally
- This company has a fantastic retention rate, culture and offers an environment for you to thrive in
- A varied customer base which means you will have fantastic exposure to a range of projects
- You will join this role with a view to progress to Project Manager
- A highly competitive salary of up ?45,000
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.
- Body in White