Our client based in the picturesque town of Olney near Milton Keynes are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in the Food and Beverage industry to step into a varying challenging role which will involve extensive travel for up to 4 weeks at a time to the Middle East when not in the home office. You will be attending regular client meetings and must be comfortable engaging with individuals at all levels.
Your new responsibilities asProject Engineer / Assistant Project Manager will include:
- You will be willing to travel (including over weekends) - at times for extended periods.
- Preparing technical specifications for equipment and material for procurement purposes.
- Evaluating tenders received and preparing procurement recommendation documentation.
- Planning and managing site logistics and coordinating with other contractors.
- Preparing periodic project status reports and presentation of these to the client.
- Managing various resources, both technical and non-technical as directed by Project Manager.
Key Skills required of the Project Engineer / Assistant Project Manager
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- MS Office Suite Competent and Excel use at Intermediate Level or Higher.
- Knowledge of scheduling packages.
- An excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Must be proficient at reading process and instrumentation diagrams, general arrangement drawing and plant layout drawings.
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your CV and application for this role will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. However, to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and check out our vacancy page on our website.
- Advanced Excel
- Food Processing
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
- Business Travel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job