A highly successful and well recognised company specialising in training and education for professional qualifications in a range of expert fields. A distinctive supportive and welcoming culture making this a highly sought after role.
Our client is looking for an editorial administrator to join them on a temporary basis ensuring the various literature are proofread and checked effectively and supporting the needs of the editorial team.
What you will be doing
- Editing multiple titles to schedule and to the quality expected
- Liaising with internal and freelance authors, subject matter experts, proof-readers and examiners to keep products on schedule during the origination and publishing services phase
- Co-ordinate the typesetting process in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure products have undergone quality proof/editorial checks in accordance to house style and are fit to publish
- To understudy the Senior Project Editor in taking on minor project management work, developing these skills over time
- To develop project management skills which enables the management of the origination and publishing services phase including maintaining accurate schedules
What they are looking for
Ideally someone who is focussed, with an eye for detail and is pro-active. The ability to work independently and methodically is important as they will be working under tight deadlines.
Other skills involved:
- The ability to recognise clear, concise, well-written and grammatically correct material
- Excellent personal and communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise
- Able to self-manage when working in a demanding/high pressured environment
- Excellent time management
- An eye for detail
- Good MS Word skills