Our client is a leading clean fuels supplier operating across Europe. They build, own, and operate a portfolio of fuelling stations and provide advice on the commercial and environmental benefits of natural gas and biomethane and work closely with manufacturers developing the next generation of environmentally friendly, low emission gas vehicles.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated candidate with strong project-management skills and an engineering background to fill the position of Projects Development Lead within the Projects Team, reporting to the Projects Director. The candidate's primary responsibility will be delivering refuelling station-build projects.
You will be responsible for delivering station-build projects (up to circa £3m individual project spend) following recent investment and in line with the company's strategic objectives. The projects will include designing refuelling stations, selecting, and purchasing station assets, managing station-build timelines and stakeholders, and ultimately helping customers get fuel to their fleets.
You will also be responsible for smaller scale operational project activities at existing facilities and will manage multiple projects at a time. You will have direct exposure to customers and strategic partners as well as a range of experts and contractors and will be expected to contribute to commercial negotiations. You will work closely with the Commercial, Safety & Ops/Engineering, and Finance teams.
You will also contribute to broader design strategy discussions, and you will have the opportunity to be involved in developments beyond the Projects Team and will be expected to apply yourself to a range of activities in direct support of our clients' strategic objectives. Future activities being considered are expected to include as a minimum marine LNG-fuelled transportation and managing offtake from biomethane plants.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Agreeing station scope and technical requirements of LNG/CNG refuelling stations.
- Managing input from external experts and contractors.
- Vendor management.
- Negotiation of commercial contracts.
- Conducting safety and risk assessments.
- Budget and schedule management.
- Securing planning permission.
- Sourcing and buying of services and equipment/fabrication.
- Developing fit-for-purpose systems and processes to enhance current procurement practices.
- Developing preferred supplier listings.
- OEM equipment assessment and procurement (including developing and managing tendering processes, where applicable).
- Construction oversight (including CDM).
- Engineering degree or equivalent engineering qualifications.
- At least 10 years' experience in leading the development of small/large scale engineering projects including approvals, budgeting, progress reporting and remedial management.
- Commercial contract negotiations with end-customers.
- Good understanding of the key tenets of stage gate-based project management.
- Good understanding of all aspects of Process Safety within a hazardous environment and risk assessment techniques, including LOPA, ALARP, HAZID, HAZOP, SIMOPS etc.
- Procurement and tendering experience.
- Development and presentation of project investment cases.
- Knowledge and understanding of cryogenic systems and processes in particular LNG and hydrogen.
- Development and design of conventional HGV refuelling stations.
- Civil engineering experience.
Location Office and remote working.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Sustainability markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'