Project Design Engineer
£30,000 - £40,000 Basic Salary + Very Competitive Package
Our client is a market leader within their industry and have an immediate vacancy for a Project/Design Engineer, based on the edge of Rotherham, UK.
Our client has strategic plans for further expansion and are committed to developing and nurturing talent and the future workforce.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the workings of equipment using seals in industries including Oil & Gas, Defence, Transportation, Off-highway, Defence and Chemical Process.
What the role involves:
- Creating mechanical design solutions to unique and specialised engineering problems through the utilisation of CAD, both 2D & 3D FEA and advanced analytical calculations
- Following a structured design and quotation process capturing inputs, outputs, validation and verification steps in line with departmental procedures contained within the Quality Management System
- Support of sales through the generation of technical proposals that clearly explain the features and benefits of the value added solutions generated
- Undertake problem analysis, preliminary design and design development to ultimately produce proposals in the form of authored technical reports and engineering drawings which comprehensively detail innovative design solutions
- Occasionally performing joint calls with external sales staff to assist in presenting and communicating technical proposals
- Liaison with our Development Cell to ensure products are designed for both prototype and volume manufacture
- Liaison with Materials team to optimise polymer choice to satisfy our customer's application requirements
- Functional specification and commissioning of product validation test equipment to assist in development of customer specific projects and product research and development
- Highly motivated, articulate individual required who is eager to make a difference to real-world end-user solutions
- A proficient understanding of component design and applications experience across a plethora of industries
- Understanding and ability to interpret and create engineering drawings and standards
- The successful candidate will enjoy a remarkable amount of job satisfaction, being involved from concept stage right through to functional prototype product availability across a varied product range
- Knowledge of polymeric materials would be an advantage
- Grade A* - C GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics
- Apprentice/HND/Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
Extensive training in the range of company products will be given.
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.