My client is seeking a Project Design Engineer to join them at their UK Head Office in Woking, the successful candidate will have a BEng/BSc or Meng qualification with 1-2 years experience. Innovative, passion, ideas and enthusiasm is required along with some experience of designing products (rather than R&D), the experience of working within a manufacturing industry is also essential.
This is truly an amazing opportunity to work with some of the biggest names globally!
- Ensure timely delivery of key stages of the design project.
CAD concept and presentations
- To produce concept models drawings using Autodesk Inventor for customer approval and quotations.
- To be able to produce information from drawings for a variety of end users, skilled and unskilled in all areas of the business from manufacturing to sales and purchasing.
- Create full manufacturing drawings from Autodesk Inventor models, for a wide variety of manufacturing processes including but not limited to welded fabrication and manual assembly.
- To model parts, sub-assemblies and projects in Autodesk Inventor.
- To work on and update information from Solid Works format and AutoCAD 2D drawings and import them into Autodesk Inventor system.
CAD Parametric family models
- To be able to design using the parametric functions of Inventor to enable adaptable parts and assemblies to be designed, so that product families may be rapidly manipulated.
- Understanding of CAD Simulation functions that are available within Inventor to be used to optimize part and assembly design.
- To have the ability to learn how to use Simulation to carry out basic structural and stability analysis.
- To be proficient in the use of current computer systems, email and desktop applications.
- Understand customer brief, and if necessary, visit customer site and take measurements and details.
In structural design rules
- Ensure in-house structural requirements and standards are met
In structural design rules
- Understand legal, statutory requirements including but not limited to the machinery directive, EN standard requirements and current Health & Safety Law.
Stress Analysis and Stability.
- To ensure stress and stability calculations are carried out understood and recorded.
- To ensure verification of the project is recorded
- To ensure validation of the project is carried out and recorded
Tools, BoM's MRP
- To understand part number system operated by the business, and how this is recorded on Sage, and Sage Manufacturing. To then identify the required properties within Inventor and add these using tools to enable integration with the SAGE accounting/MRP software to ensure efficient operation.
System for files & data management
- To ensure correct storage of all date, documentation model and drawing files and to work with other members of staff to improve data storage systems.
Checking details of drawings
- To check own projects for accuracy and completeness before handover to production and purchasing.
- Ensure project files, meeting records and technical information are kept up-to-date.
- To produce associated design documentation including among other, bills of materials, parts lists and project files.
- The Project Design Engineer must have knowledge of production technique available to be used, for example Welding and Fabrication and bolted assembly techniques, use of innovative fixing solutions is also encouraged. Knowledge of these functions is essential
- Key to the role is good personal knowledge of manufacturing techniques and systems, relevant industry standards and best practice for the company product line in addition to knowledge of CAD techniques and systems. It is expected that a Design Engineer will keep abreast of these issues as part of their personal development.
- To provide technical support to colleagues and customers of the company.
- To work as part of the design team and provide support to colleagues and management team as required.
- Report and liaise with sales, purchasing and production teams regarding:
- Progress of projects with due dates for completion of various stages of design process.
- Specific technical issues with each project.
- 2:1 BSc or BEng in engineering based course
- 2D and 3D CAD experience in Inventor or Solidworks
- Good knowledge of production techniques including welding, fabrication, metal and machined components.
- Project Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Project Design Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job