Project Delivery Manager - Manufacturing Capability (contract)
(Home Office Available)
What the role will entail:
You will be responsible for the end to end implementation of new production scheduling and material scheduling processes and system usage (SAP based) across one or many manufacturing sites within a major blue chip manufacturing network. Main sites are in the UK but some in Europe and beyond). Starting with a diagnostic of current state and a gap analysis, you will engage the SLT and gain buy in for the goals of the project - improvements in inventory and savings associated to COGS. You will then assess the specific needs of the site and implications of the changes - from engineering and NPI through to manufacturing and procurement. Once complete, you will lead, alongside a team, the implementation of improvements, tracking deliverables along the way and ensuring the project delivers the expected benefits.
- Senior leadership experience in site based planning and/or manufacturing leadership
- As much additional knowledge of end to end supply chain as possible!
- Has worked within a major blue chip consumer/food/manufacturing organisation
- Specialist knowledge of production scheduling and materials scheduling utilising SAP (CC or R3)
- Substantial experience of leading transformation and change within a major organisation
- French or Polish language skills are a bonus but by no means a requirement
- Delivery and results focused - happy to own a budget and targets for deliverables
- Excellent networking and influencing skills, from senior leadership to specialists
- Able to bring people on board and overcome obstacles to change (especially cultural or people obstacles)
- Able to understand the implications and knock on effects of change on a business
- Excellent communication skills
This role will require a high level of travel, with the delivery consultant based on site 4 out of 5 days per week.
If you feel you have what it takes, please contact
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.
- project manager
- process improvement
- delivery manager
- production scheduling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job