The Minor Metals Trade Association (MMTA) is a small not-for-profit organisation, which serves to benefit and promote the interests of its international membership, comprising companies actively involved in all aspects of the international minor metals sector.
The MMTA is looking for a high-calibre graduate with 2-5 year's experience to work from its central London office. Initial responsibilities will involve research projects and the production of publications, as well as assistance in organising and running Association committees and events.
The successful applicant will have a 2:1 degree and a keen interest in international affairs/policy, trade and commodities, as well as the ability to adapt to a diverse range of responsibilities. A scientific background degree subject is preferred but is less important than excellent writing skills, an enquiring, generalist approach and a capacity for teamwork. The ability to work with little supervision is essential.
Extra languages, in particular Chinese, would be an advantage, but are not a pre-requisite for applying.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good team player
- Keen eye for detail
- A self-starter, able to work unsupervised as required
- An enquiring mind, not afraid to offer suggestions
- Outgoing, friendly and sociable
- Excellent written English and communication skills
- An interest in keeping informed about metals and metals-related activity, applications and policy developments
-Immediate start preferred
-All applicants need to have the right to work in the UK
- Writing Skills
- Research Projects