The Project Coordinator is required to coordinate Professional Services Projects in order to deliver a successful solution to our customers. They will also be expected to provide reporting and support to senior management.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Project Coordination
- Document validation
- Folder creation and governance
- Engineer allocation
- Successful delivery of resource
- Support the Project Coordination Manager and Project / Practice Managers by coordinating resource as instructed.
- Communicating with and directing the technical team
- Providing support administration duties and produce reports using standard Excel tools.
- Ensure records are kept updated and accurate at all times.
- Ensure Project Office procedure is adhered to at all times.
- Liaise with Purchasing to ensure equipment is dispatched on time and if necessary, track shipments.
- Ensure that all assigned resource is utilised to maximum potential.
- Process orders using Sage
- Team members
- Internal departments
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Sage skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Microsoft office and Excel spreadsheet skills
- Excellent communication skills bother written and verbal
- Works well within a team environment
- Can work unsupervised
- Eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Administrative Support
- Resource Allocation
- Project Coordination