Do you have experience in a project role and seek a role with a growing, but well-established & close-knit firm who offer an excellent working environment and good opportunities? Do you have a technical background with experience in manufacturing or logistics and enjoy the opportunity to utilise your own initiative and take ownership of projects from start to finish?
If so, the role of Project Coordinator/Junior Project Manager for this highly-regarded business could be exactly the new challenge you seek.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be required to work directly with customers to assist them in developing solutions to support their needs and requirements. You will work directly with clients to assist them in developing solutions to meet their needs.
In addition, you will develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal departments, utilising these to take a collaborative approach to ensuring all new design projects and recurring production orders are meeting or exceeding all customer expectations in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
This varied role could involve the coordination of designs with design engineers, the production of prototypes with manufacturing, the preparation of a financial proposal or writing processes, standard operating procedures and risk assessments or anything else that is required to ensure the project is successful.
Overview of duties:
- Manage Project Team & coordinate internal resources
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of the project scope and objectives, ensuring technical feasibility, resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes using appropriate verification techniques
- Perform risk analysis and implement appropriate mitigation actions
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Carry out engineering studies: pricing, response to tenders
- Management of logistics projects (answer RFQs, projects start...)
- Perform data extractions for creation of indicators, reporting etc
- Monitor and report on cost saving initiatives
Skills & Experience sought:
- Proven working experience in a project support or management role
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in packaging or mechanical engineering
- Logistics background beneficial
- Excellent customer facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of the complete Microsoft Office
- PRINCE II certification is a plus.
Financial awareness will be an advantage, as will knowledge of the packaging industry. The key to being successful in this role is your ability to build long term working relationships, therefore being able to demonstrate this is essential.
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Prince 2
- Project Coordinator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job