Project Controls Officer
SC Cleared Project Controls Officer
This is a varied role which is essential to allow the Project Manager's to fully concentrate on the delivery of their projects whilst knowing that the support involved is being carried out effectively.
The candidates must be able to cope, in what at times, can be a stressful job with time scales that may be extremely tight. The candidates must have strong communication skills, both oral and written and be able to communicate at all levels.
- To provide a comprehensive project support service directly supporting Programme Managers and Project Managers
- Act as point of contact in the team for internal and external customers, responding promptly to queries
- Organise and manage dates and documentation for programme and project meetings
- Organise and attend relevant internal IT meetings, including formulating and circulating agendas and action lists
- Oversee Risks and Issues management
- Ensuring compliance to commercial gate review process including where necessary preparation of documentation.
- To play a key role in the development and monitoring of projects, checking quality of output and compliance with business requirements, including commitments in proposals
- Monitor the delivery of work streams against plans, chasing and challenging progress as appropriate.
- Represent the Project Manager at meetings as requested.
- Administer, monitor and report on projects budgets in accordance with FCO Service processes and timetables.
- Responsible for tracking actual project costs against allocated budgets and producing monthly reports
- Create or maintain project plans using MS Project.
- Good interpersonal and team player skills, working well with others and delivering results.
- Good drafting skills such as minute taking.
- Good numerical and project financial skills
- Good organisational skills.
- Managing and prioritising workload and time effectively and being able to respond to changing
- Must be experienced with core applications such as MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must have MS Project 2007
- Working in a project environment, ideally supporting either large projects or multiple smaller projects
- Prince 2 Foundation or Practitioner qualification and experience
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
- "Support Officer"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"