Project Controls Manager
I have an excellent opportunity for a Project Controls Manager to work on one of London's Major infrastructure Projects delivering a comprehensive reporting/management information solution to clients, by applying a rigorous approach to the scrutiny, examination, and assessment of the data produced as a consequence of the application of effective planning techniques and controls (Earned Value, Cost and Schedule Variance, Estimates at Completion, Critical Path Analysis).
As the Project Controls Manager you will be responsible for:
- Working In accordance with certification to the standards ISO 18001, ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the current Rhead Group Ltd:- Health and Safety Policy, Quality Policy and Environmental Policy
- Defining Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
- Supporting project handover meetings engaging the Bid team, Project Manager and QS.
- Working closely with the Project Manager and Project QS to maximise the potential of each project, attend site meetings when necessary to discuss progress and update the project plan together with reporting back on any knock-on effects to the business unit.
- Representing the business at client meetings.
- Working with the Planning Manager to ensure that the Project Controls function interfaces effectively with the other departments
- Supporting programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimisation, and Project Controls best practices.
- Gathering benchmarking information to aid the Value for Money (VFM) assessment on each project in conjunction with the Risk Management and Project Manager, input into the risk, issue and opportunity register for assigned projects.
- Keeping abreast of current and new Project Control techniques, technologies and initiatives which may have a benefit for the business.
- Maintaining ongoing development and delivery of a co-ordinated change agenda for business improvement.
- Monitoring and control programme compliance in respect of our contractual obligations.
- Undertaking additional tasks / responsibilities as directed by Line Manager.
- Working In conjunction with other members of the team, take responsibility for meeting agreed business and project targets, controls costs in achieving to achieve targets, managing risks effectively and delivering all agreed outputs, within the agreed economics and safety regulatory frameworks.
- Contributing to the identification and formulation of strategic objectives.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Earned Value Management (EVM) project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Practical ability to utilise critical project management concepts (e.g. EVM, project planning, risk analysis, configuration management
- Good written and oral communication
- Experience of MS Office suite (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- Experience of MS Project and Oracle Primavera Software
- Well organised and methodical
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Able to work without day to day supervision
- Experience of full EVM deployment across multi-million pound contracts
- Degree or HNC Qualified or equivalent
Location and Salary/Benefits:
- Central London
- £60-80,000 Basic Salary
- Car Allowance
- Travel Paid
- Health care
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Controls Manager to work on one of Europe's largest infrastructure projects with an established and prestigious leading Civil Engineering Contractor.
Randstad CPE also offers a referral fee for any successfully placed candidates. If you have any friends that are also looking, pass on their details and you shall be rewarded!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job