Our client is one of the largest construction companies within the UK with internationally-renowned experience in the successful delivery of technically demanding, multi-disciplinary and logistically complex projects.
To support the commercial leadership team and manage the commercial performance of a series of projects within the region they are currently looking to recruit a civils orientated Project Commercial Manager.
You will provide commercial support to the relevant Director of Operations to allow management of project and commercial risk, ensuring that financial performance meets or exceeds profitability targets.
You will have experience of and be responsible for margin confidence, commercial risk and cashflow of projects in an operational team within the region with an overall value of between £20 million and £30 million.
- Ensure that Minimum Commercial Expectations are applied consistently
- Provide commercial support to work winning including review of contract, negotiating revised conditions/qualifications, negotiating tender JV and Design Agreements and assessing commercial risks for assessment at tender review meetings
- Sub-Contracting leadership for strategic bids
- Sub-Contract review and consistency assurance for live projects
- Assist in the development of dispute management processes and responses
- Review, as required, commercial mechanisms; contracts, bonds, warranties to ensure consistency of approach across Sectors
- Provide support to Group initiatives
- Assist in the development and delivery of commercial training including the provision of training in commercial systems and processes
- Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and creates a pipeline of talent
The individual will have an understanding of the commercial function within the MP business to provide consistency and develop the quality of the commercial resource. The individual should have proven experience in their ability to influence and communicate with others.
The individual will have appropriate qualifications, and professional membership of the RICS, CICES or CIOB is desirable. The individual will hold a valid CSCS card.
Ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and previous experience of managing commercial performance is necessary. Commercial awareness and significant contract experience is necessary in order to review contracts and commercial risk.
The position requires experience in negotiating complex contracts, and having the commercial flair to find opportunities and negate risks in a tight tender timeframe
- Civil Engineering