Our client is the UK's largest Retailer who are looking for a number of Project Change Managers- Operational Efficiency to be at the heart of driving key operational change within their stores throughout the UK.
Based in Hertforshire this is an opportunity for anyone from a Consultancy background (retail experience) to step into a leading business role. Working within the Business Support function, you will be part of the Operations Development team, where you can expect to be identifying and implementing opportunities that will enable this business to transform its UK stores.
The projects will focus on the Service, Administration, and Replenishment activities in stores, as well as a review of store propositions. Also projects that focus on transforming the operating model in their Convenience stores as well as identifying and removing deviation from their large store model.
As a Project Change Manager in the team, you could find yourself designing a way for customers to pay in store without the need for a traditional checkout; launching initiatives that help improve the profitability of our stores; introducing new equipment to make the management of cash simpler; or simply making it easier for our colleagues to better serve our customers through operating model improvements.
- Creating, driving and delivering innovative cross functional projects
- Building, managing and executing detailed project plans, key documentation and process maps
- Tracking project deliverable and identifying risks and issues
- Demonstrating knowledge of retail processes and the Business model
The ideal candidate is intelligent, passionate, learning agile and possesses the following to succeed in this role:
- Excellent Project Management and organisational skills (Lean Six Sigma qualification advantageous)
- Previous Consultancy (retail) experience within a big 4 would be an advantage
- Superb financial awareness with the numerical ability to create detailed complex business cases
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of interacting with and influencing stakeholders at all levels and working collaboratively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills