With over 60,000 employees in over 25 countries around the world this company are a market leader and are looking for new staff members who bring commitment and a sense of team spirit to every challenge they take on.
Based in Staffordshire, the company has had significant growth in recent years and are now looking to recruit a Project Buyer.
- Being in charge of Purchasing tasks for projects from customer RFQ via Start of Production till end of life in line with Purchasing Standards
- Analysing and editing Bills of Material
- Making global enquiries for all relevant parts (new, serial, development parts, make or buy decisions) for project applications according to Commodity Strategy
- Supporting selection and release of suppliers
- Negotiating costs and conditions under consideration of Total Costs of Ownership (TCO)
- Organising and preparing Sourcing Committee as a mandatory member / host
- Developing, negotiating and preparing contracts with suppliers in line with Purchasing Standards
- Being in charge of material cost of the assigned projects through lifetime and observing cost (Business Plan) targets
- Identifying and realising material cost reduction ideas by using all levers with the support of Commodity Purchasing (resourcing, localisation, new technologies etc.) and Material Cost Optimisation (MCO) team
- Following up / reporting productivity performance within own projects
- Integrating Global Purchasing aspects into project teams and vice versa by providing relevant information in both directions
- Ideally educated to a degree level (or equivalent)
- Excellent English communication skills; French or German language would be an advantage
- Team work orientation and international / intercultural sensitivity
- Excellent IT skills: Excel and MS Office in particular
- Reliability, rigor and analytical mind-set
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Able and prepared to travel internationally
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Monday-Friday 8am-4.30pm (Friday finish at 1pm)
Call Laura on or email your CV to
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"