Job title: Project Buyer Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Overall purpose of role
* To deliver cost leadership to the business through improved quality
products, cost and delivery optimisation for all suppliers / services to company divisions.
* Implement procurement strategies for all key / high value categories with
framework agreements including monitoring and reviews of KPI's for all
o Main categories but not all - Castings, Forgings and Extrusions,
profiles, Hydraulic components and Raw Materials
* Research and develop new supply sources from LCC's
* Represent the Purchasing Department at Project Meetings and drive
Procurement actions ensuring that budget costs are being maintained as
well as prototype, pre-production, production parts are available on time.
* Carry out international research for technology suppliers, technology
partners & new innovations.
* Understand the 'at risk suppliers' within commodity and set contingency
plans to resolve.
* Work to achieve company cost down targets within all responsible
* Review & monitor new & existing suppliers performance.
* Build and develop relationships with key suppliers.
* Place orders for materials / services in line with company's requirements
per the negotiated price.
* Maintain procurement files on all activities undertaken / on-going.
* Prepare reports on a frequency determined on all category activities.
* Work to pre-determined deadlines & work the necessary hours to meet
* Support and react quickly to resolve day to day problems to the
satisfaction of the relevant department and assist in long term projects
where Purchasing involvement is required.
* To give key support to all departments by working closely to ensure
professional working are maintained.
* Expedite materials / services when required to ensure continuation of
Manufacture.* Monitor, track and report pricing / raw material changes within all
* Monitor and report on PPV (Purchasing Price Variance) on a monthly basis.
* Work in accordance with procedures and develop new processes as
required. Support introduction of any new systems / processes which
* Carry out other duties as and when directed by the company.
* Ensure that constructive working relationships are built and maintained both
internally and with key third party personnel such as suppliers.
* Source, lead, train, develop and motivate team
* Ensure that appropriate individual targets and objectives are set and monitored in
line with the Company's PDR system/appraisal processes
* Ensure that all H&S requirements are understood and met within team offices
Skills & Experience
* Strong and effective negotiator with proven track record.
* Understand and able to translate engineering / technical drawings.
* Dedicated and able to work off ones initiative.
* Have a lateral thinking approach to problem solving.
* An unimpeachable standard of integrity in all business relationships both
inside and outside of the company.
* Able to positively react to change.
* Strong computer literate within Microsoft Office, Excel specifically.
* Tenacity to follow through on tough business decisions.
* Effective management approach in managing priorities on a workday /
week / monthly basis.
* Able to communicate effectively to all levels of the business.
* Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results.
* Be a key team player and ability to multi task.
* Attention to detail.
* Command the respect of ones subordinates.
* Always have the companies best interests in mind.
* Analytical, accurate and performance orientated.
Education and qualifications
* HND / Degree Level.
* MCIPS qualified preferred.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job