Working with a growing design and manufacturing business in Thetford to recruit a Project Buyer. Reporting into the Procurement Manager, this is an all-encompassing position that will require someone with commercial awareness, good purchasing experience and robust negotiations skills.
You will source, negotiate & manage the purchasing of niche component, goods and services, ensuring that requirements for varying projects are met. The main focus when sourcing items will be around price, quality & availability.
Main responsibilities and duties will include:
- Purchasing of goods, materials, components & services, attaining minimum cost & maximum quality of items.
- Liaise between suppliers and wider engineering teams across the business.
- Provide accurate analysis on cost for both new and existing services/products/items, as well as frequent review of cost reduction methods
- Recognise & assess supply chain risks whilst developing risk reduction strategies.
- Work closely with the wider team & review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Negotiate contracts & improve prices with suppliers, utilising negotiation and procurement methods to keep project spend to a minimum.
- Prepare and process purchase orders and order schedules
- Lead the research and sourcing for new components & suppliers in the marker, taking into consideration the commercial constraints relating to each project.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers, and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance, including the resolution of price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Additional duties and responsibilities as and when required.
In order to be successful, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience working in procurement team, preferably within the automotive or aerospace sector
- Relevant qualifications
- Good working knowledge and understanding of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
- Good Excel skills
In return, you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits package, along with the chance to work for a dynamic and forward thinking business who work closely with a range of Motorsport companies and race teams.
If you have the skills and experience required, please submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered.
- Bill of Materials
- Full Service Supply
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"