Company: Reed Professional Services
Basic Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience plus company performance related bonus paid twice yearly
Working Hours: 8.30am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Location: London, EC4N 5AG
What is this role?
Reed Professional Services are a leading provider of project consultancy and technology services. We’re looking for a talented and ambitious Project Assistant who is looking for their next challenge supporting a small yet busy team to deliver a number of projects into one of RPS’ key accounts. This is a new role to RPS which has been recognised due to high demand on the account, so a fantastic opportunity to make the role your own!
At www.reedps.com we develop partnerships with our clients to provide clear solutions, drawing on our expertise and knowledge to provide services that our partners rely on.
The successful candidate will be based in our Cannon Street office in London, with significant time spent at client sites throughout London, and occasionally in Manchester and Glasgow. Reporting to the Head of Delivery, the role of Project Assistant will provide Project Administration assistance across various aspects of the work package / fixed priced projects portfolio currently being delivered to one of our key clients. We deliver a wide range of projects into this client including, but not limited to the following areas:
• Software delivery projects (predominantly agile but also some waterfall)
• Project/Programme management services
• Service Management initiatives
• Occasional Infrastructure implementations
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the RPS Head of Delivery and Client Delivery Manager across all end-to-end lifecycle aspects of managing a portfolio of work packages, from initial customer delivery requirements, definition and kick-off, through to delivery sign-off.
• Assisting with the production of Work Package documents (Statement of Works)
• Assisting with Stakeholder Management and liasing with project teams
• Collating project reports from RPS associates/key client stakeholders to provide assistance with RPS project resource on-boarding and management.
• Working with the RPS Resource Manager to provide assistance with RPS project resource on-boarding and management.
What we offer in return:
We offer a variety of company benefits such as 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, the chance to buy, sell and carry over holiday, paid sabbaticals after every 5 years of service, long standing service awards, a discount scheme, pension, season ticket loans, access to health insurance, free eye tests, personal development schemes, paid rewards for innovative ideas, childcare vouchers and many many more!
Reed Professional Services (https://www.reedps.com/) are part of the REED Global group, are a management consultancy, technology services and outsourcing company. We specialise in IT, financial services and associated sectors. We also specialise in partnership solutions, people skills and providing stability giving our clients a powerful solutions and focused approach.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience of working in a stand alone role, providing administrative support to a team/multiple stakeholders
• The ability to work in a fast-moving consultancy environment without defined processes to follow.
• The flexibility to be adaptable to ever changing demands and ways of working
• Knowledge of project methodologies, agile and other Software Development methodologies.
• Exposure to client stakeholder management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Organised and methodical approach enabling tracking and managing of information across multiple projects
• Good time and prioritisation management skills, with an ability to work across a large portfolio (circa 30-40) of light touch projects
• IT literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, exposure to other online collaboration tools such as Box, Dropbox, Trello, Slack, and Jira an advantage but not essential.
• Project support background and an understanding of IT projects is very desirable
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business