Warwick Manufacturing Group are working alongside a local business to offer a Summer Scheme role. This role will involve the investigation into the use of Supply chain analytics to support SME business improvement.
This role is for an 8 week fixed term contract over the Summer 2018 period. This is part of the WMG centre High Value Manufacturing Catapult which provides a valuable opportunity to gain industry experience, which may also lead to future job opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
The aim of the project is:
1. To understand the type of business problems that SupplyVue can help SMEs to diagnose
2. To test how SMEs could use SupplyVue as a SC diagnostic / modelling tool
3. To investigate the potential benefits of using a SupplyVue approach for SMEs
4. To understand how SupplyVue can be used as an internal diagnostic tool by the SME team
5. To provide exploratory evidence as to the market need for external planning capability for SMEs
Skills and experience
This post is not eligible for visa sponsorship, so applicants must have existing eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the contract.
• Educated to, or working towards the completion of a business / supply chain course or engineering BSc. Due to the nature of the role you must have completed at least two years of degree.
• Analytical thinker with a practical approach to problem solving
• Ability to be flexible to work in different environments
• Ability to learn new skills, work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a team and on own initiative
• Organised and motivated with a focus on results
• An understanding of Supply chain and SC principles
• Some understanding of the use of analytics
• Well organised and able to meet tight deadlines
• Good communication and engagement skills
Interviews will take place May 2018 for this role
- Supply Chain