Warwick Manufacturing Group are working alongside a local business to offer a Summer Scheme role. The project will involve working with Plastic moulding of fiber optic cleave tool components.
This role is for an 8 week fixed term contract over the Summer 2018 period.
Duties and responsibilities
• To work with an existing CAD model of a machined device which cleaves optical fibers, mainly comprising 2 aluminium parts of dimension <80mm maximum.
• The 2 main parts will be moulded in engineering plastic (e.g. Nylon 66 or equivalent)
• The project will plastic print the mould tool required to make the parts. The project will optimise design of the parts to make the best mould tools and best moulded parts for the simulant pieces.
• The project will carry out moulding of the desired parts using the plastic printed mould tools.
Skills and experience
Unfortunately this post is not eligible for visa sponsorship, so applicants must have existing eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the contract.
• Educated to, or working towards a relevant science or engineering degree (or equivalent)
• Good problem solving skills with the ability to find robust solutions
• Ability to be flexible to work in different environments
• Ability to undertake desk based research
• Good organisational skills
• An interest in optical fibers and photonics
• An ability to design using CAD software such as solidworks
• Ability to safely use ALM equipment to create prototype components
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job