Project Assistant: Metrology and 3D Printing (Summer Scheme)
Working with the Centre for imagine, Metrology and Additive Technologies (CiMAT)within WMG, you will assist the team in project work to support the delivery of research and commercial contracts.
This role is for an 8 week fixed term contract over the Summer 2018 period. This is part of the WMG centre High Value Manufacturing Catapult which provides a valuable opportunity to gain industry experience, which may also lead to future job opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
• Operation of 3D scanners and data processing
• Basic CAD design and modelling
• Generation of model datasets for 3D printing
• Operation of a range of 3D printers to build models for partners
• Report writing and general admin to the team
Skills and experience
This post is not eligible for visa sponsorship, so applicants must have existing eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the contract.
• You will ideally be educated to or be working towards a degree in (BEng/MEng) in Mechanical Engineering within minimum target grade of 2:1
• You will have some experience of data processing and modelling alongside with report writing skills
• You should have previous technical experience in using:
o 3D Scanners
o Basic CAD systems
o 3D printers
Interviews will take place May 2018
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"