Project Assistant: Cooling solutions for Lithium-ion battery packs (Summer Scheme)
Warwick Manufacturing Group are working alongside a local business to offer a Summer Scheme role. The role will involve investigating the use of Peltier devices in conjunction with new thermal materials for the cooling of lithium-ion battery packs.
This role is for an 8 week fixed term contract over the Summer 2018 period. This is part of the WMG centre High Value Manufacturing Catapult which provides a valuable opportunity to gain industry experience, which may also lead to future job opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
The aim of the project is to evaluate the potential efficiencies of different Peltier-based thermal management approaches.
The project will be a combination of practical laboratory experimentation together with a comparison against current technologies used in different automotive applications e.g. motorsport, passenger vehicles, public transport etc.
Skills and experience
This post is not eligible for visa sponsorship, so applicants must have existing eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the contract.
• Educated to, or working towards the completion of an electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering BSc. Must have completed at least two years of degree.
• Analytical thinker with a practical approach to problem solving
• Ability to be flexible to work in different environments
• Ability to learn new skills, work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a team and on own initiative
• An interest in cooling solutions for Lithium-ion battery packs
• A basic understanding of electrical systems
• Ability to analyse and interpret results
• Must be practical, with hand-on experience in experimental work
• Knowledge of either: thermal systems; thermodynamics; heat pumps or heat transfer theory would be desirable
Interviews will take place May 2018
- Electrical Engineering
- Lithium Batteries
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job