Are you looking for your next opportunity within a Project Coordinator role within IT?
Your new company
Working with a local authority based in the heart of Swindon, you will have the opportunity to partner the business and grow with their current internal transformations.
Your new role
- Support the organisation to ensure new products and services are in line with relevant policies and strategies.
- Day to day key representative & business partner in all communications with the suppliers and key stakeholders (internal and external) for allocated portfolio of IT business solutions.
- Manage adequate internal controls for the security and integrity of the solutions, ensuring that fraud and other losses are prevented and that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented promptly.
- Work with suppliers and internal colleagues to configure systems to meet business requirements
- Ensure that front line support and development of the system is provided in line with requirements and appropriate standards.
- Project Manage development for relevant IT business solutions and integrations.
- Develop and manage any links to other solutions ensuring that relevant processes and procedures are carried out to ensure data is validated and fit for purpose.
- Develop, request or commission all reports, outputs and interfaces required by the organisation from the relevant solutions. Support the organisation with refining their requests for information.
- Continue to develop the relevant system ensuring patches and new releases provided by the software supplier are researched, tested and loaded. Recommend and arrange demonstrations of new software as it becomes available. Map processes and translate business requirements to IT requirements. Ensure that procedure guides and training are provided to staff as appropriate. Ensure that the organisation is provided with digital solutions to meet their changing needs.
- 3rd line support for problems caused by software failure or incomplete/incorrect data can be resolved. Ensure accurate records of incidents and requests are recorded and reported to the software supplier. Test fixes provided by the supplier and load onto the live system.
- Represent the business at presentations by Government bodies and other organisations in order to provide Government statistics, develop good practice and promote continuous improvement of digital solutions.
- To deputise for Managers within the service as required.
- Train and develop staff to ensure that they have, and use, required skills in the conduct of the organisation. Ensure that required induction and training is organised for new staff and the teams.
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive experience working with and developing Management Information Systems and IT Solutions in line with requirements.
- Extensive experience working with and developing MIS and IT Solutions Training & Development in line with requirements.
- Experience of planning and working in a similar role in local government or complex working environment
- Educated to degree level standard (or equivalent) or sound management information systems experience with experience in a local government or complex working environment
- Extensive experience of proactively managing developments, projects and initiatives successfully
- Ability to understand, interpret and produce complex information such as Strategic Plans, Business Models, System Specifications & Operating Documents and Performance Information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which allow effective communication at all levels of the organisation and across directorates, outside agencies and private companies/software suppliers internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong team player with the ability to negotiate or influence change diplomatically.
- Work unsocial hours
- Data extract report writing and data manipulation
- Current driving licence, access to vehicle or equivalent mobility
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'