Aon are currently recruiting a Project and Solutions Data Analyst to join our Pensions Administration Project & Solutions Team in either Birmingham or Sheffield. The Pensions Administration Project & Solutions Team deliver change projects for existing clients. Working in partnership with other departments, Aon Retirement Practice and external parties (including third party providers of administration services), the colleague is responsible for the delivery of project change work, following defined procedures and processes.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
The UK pensions landscape is evolving at a rapid pace. Economic challenges, legislative change, an ageing population and asset volatility pose a wide variety of risks and challenges to pension schemes. Trustees and scheme sponsors are faced with a range of decisions on difficult topics from managing risk to improving member engagement, setting an investment strategy to managing DC plans.
Aon Retirement Solutions’ market-leading capabilities and award-winning expertise make us the perfect partner to help clients through their pension challenges. We can provide integrated and comprehensive solutions across actuarial, plan administration, investment and insurance disciplines, enabling us to serve our client's unique needs every step of the way.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
- Producing and analysing data, reports as required for internal and external clients and requirements
- Identifying issues with processes handled in teams and driving a process to find and implement a solution
- Accurately processing and checking data queries by following procedures correctly and meeting agreed deadlines
- Supporting less experienced colleagues by checking files and reports in line with SOPs and agreed deadlines
- Planning, prioritising and delivering assigned project activities for each client including reporting and additional information required for client meetings
- Reviewing project tracker and making sure all processes are completed
- Investigation of background to cases by reference to archived files and system data
- Participating actively in client catch-up calls and meetings as appropriate
- Highlighting risks and errors to relevant parties as soon as possible, following risk management processes.
- Highlight areas of improvement in the team to increase effectiveness
- Communicating with relevant parties using the appropriate means and language inc attending internal meetings/calls where required
- Building strong relationships with client teams, representatives and third-party providers
- Achieving team and individual targets KPIs, SLAs, quality targets
- Contributing to the team, supporting the rest of the team based on their needs (a buddy to less experienced colleagues and supporting senior colleagues)
- Reviewing and updating procedures and documentation
- Maintaining required technical knowledge and behavioural standards, inc all regulatory and statutory requirements
- Providing project support to the member events teams (inclusive of revenue & non-revenue generating work)
- Being aware of the proportion of time spent on chargeable activities
- Reviewing the mailbox and work allocation tool and adhering to the timescales set for all tasks
- Be responsible for personal compliance with Aon’s project management and approval procedures
- Recent experience analysing and reconciling large data sets
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel - intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and SQL
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and ongoing commitment to provide ongoing quality
- High level and detailed analysis and reconciliation of data using Excel
- Methodical work ethos and experience working within a project environment
- Experience of working in the Pensions service industry is desirable but not essential
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We're happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your work pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'