Project Administrator job in Chesterfield, work for a leading IT service support business in Chesterfield
Your new company
A global IT service support company with over 30 years' experience in providing IT solutions are expanding their project team in Chesterfield. With year on year growth and expansion during a period of economic decline, our client have become one of Europe's leading independent IT service providers. This has been achieved by providing bespoke service and solutions to customer needs to assist in the improvement of their IT functions.
Your new role
Our client are assisting a major customer in a migration of windows 10 and to make this happen require administration support within their project office. Based in Chesterfield you will use your existing excel and reporting skills to assist the business during a busy transition, by creating spreadsheets, reports, labels and emails with strong MS Office skills. Strong Excel and Word skills are essential for this contract to enable the customer to hit the ground running.
The project administrator is an important function within this project. Where you will administer the allocation of USB drives to around 23000 users, whilst reporting on the storage of the USB drives and logging any failed formatting of the systems. You will attend meetings either in person, over the phone or via WebEx to keep the business up to date where strong verbal skills will be required along with an ability to relay information in a professional informative manner.
- Collate the users' data for the Weekly Change Request to issue the data gathering script to users
- Collect and retain any failed USB Pen Drives for return to the supplier
- Arrange, monitor and report the delivery of Large Storage Devices (LSDs) to appointed sites
- Attend meetings (physical, phone or Webex) to update the Project Team on progress
- Provide occasional cover for other Project Administrators on the Data Migration Project
What you'll need to succeed
- Have sufficient numeracy skills to accurately batch and dispatch USB Pen Drives
- Have sufficient dexterity to cut labels for posting USB Pen Drives
- Have sufficient verbal skills to update the Project Team at a daily update call or meeting
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job