We are currently recruiting for a Project Accountant that will actively contribute to the realisation of the company’s Financial Strategy, by providing high quality, insightful information and support to business objectives and targets. You will aid managerial planning and decision-making by providing appropriate and timely financial information whilst also looking for opportunities to improve the quality and content of reporting to the business.
The role will provide financial expertise, maintaining effective budgetary control on a monthly basis. You will provide support to the annual mid-year review and budget setting process for the respective projects and business units, ensuring accuracy and completion to the agreed timetable.
You will also proactively build and manage effective relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, providing high quality financial analysis to support and drive decision-making, whilst ensuring compliance and robust governance of funding and financial reporting requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
• To provide high quality financial analysis and support to the cross-business unit pharmaceutical industry collaboration projects (including the Grand Challenges), developing reporting, KPI’s to aid decision-making.
• To develop financial controls around pharma industry collaboration project funding, ensuring compliance with funding agreements and reconciliation of cash/ in kind contributions across multiple funding pots.
• To work closely with key stakeholders, in particular Project Managers, Business Development, Grand Challenge technical leads to understand and translate the underlying variables driving the numbers.
• To lead monthly financial forecast meetings to co-ordinate and update forecast revenue and expenditure, in consultation with senior team, Grand Challenge technical leads and Project Managers.
• To produce monthly financial report, variance analysis and meaningful commentary for presentation to senior team.
• To work closely with and provide financial information to the Performance Manager for inclusion in various reporting requirements.
• To support the annual production of a rolling 5 Year Operating plan and other strategic financial planning.
• To support cost modelling and scenario planning exercises to ensure commercially viable decision making.
• To reconcile and publish weekly financial reports for review by other finance colleagues.
• To support the annual company-wide budgeting process and the production of a consolidated set of robust and relevant budgets, in line with an agreed reporting timetable.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CIPFA or hold an equivalent accounting qualification).
It is essential that you have some post qualified experience in a financial setting and can demonstrate competence with Sage Accounting or similar accounting software. You should have excellent analytical and numerical abilities with a strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
A wide range of benefits are offered including: family friendly policies, 25 days holiday + Bank holidays, holiday purchasing schemes, opportunities for learning and development, generous pension plan, life assurance and accident insurance schemes. Dental & Optician Health policies
If you would be interested in discussing further, please email through your updated CV and we will give you a call.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'