Working with one of our best clients, this is an opportunity to be part of a business that is growing and implementing a new team and expanding its current remit.
You will be working alongside an exceptional FC who will invest heavily in the training and development of your career, both from a study and practical perspective.
The business has recently been through a period of heavy investment from the US parent company and the plan is for that investment to continue as the team and business grows.
There is easy access to public transport in Abingdon links as well as on-site parking. Alongside this, there is also the ability to have some flexibility with your hours.
The most exciting aspect of the Project Accountant role is that you will be trained by a highly supportive and talented FC, you will also be joining the business at the point where it moves into be a more corporate function and therefore will play an integral part in developing this team.
This role will develop and expand over time, it is important to note that the role you come into, will evolve and develop. There is a staging process that the client is aiming to work to in order to move to a more project basis accounting function, this would be stage one of three of the next few months.
As you learn and train you will quickly develop and move into a role that is more inline with a Business Partner, where you will be expected to work alongside non finance team members.
You will start off in an Assistant Accountant like role, as the processes are put in place you will then move into a a full on Project Accountant.
The ideal Project Accountant candidate will be able to show that they have the communication ablity to move into a business partnering role in the future.
Ideally you will be looking to study or will already be studying towards ACCA/CIMA and wanting to work in a progressive environement.
The main aspect of this Porject Accountant position will initially involve:
- Creation and Upkeep of Projects and Project Information in Oracle
- Setting up New Customers and working with the Treasury team over Credit Worthiness
- Assist in Project Billing
- Responsible for recording the project fleet movements using our proprietary fleet management tool, resulting in the provision of near real-time views of available fleet
- Supporting & Upskilling non-financial people with the raising of project and non-project purchase orders, reviews of classification and management/monitoring of purchase order statuses
- Working with AP to investigate any PO variances and assist with the clearing on-hold reports
The main benefit for someone coming into this role will be the opportunities that this role brings in the long term. You will be an integral part of a rapidly expanding business and get full training from a very supportive FC.
You will be able to take on more responsibility, very quickly and work in a month end/business partnering role which will complement your studies brilliantly.
This will come with:
- Defined career progression and career path
- Study Support
- Highly Flexible working environment
- Competitive salary of £27,000 to £30,000
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'