This is a newly created role for a Finance representative who is confident on project leading.
The company has exciting forecasting plans, for the future growth of the business and require the right candidate who is passionate and motivated and can drive a team to reach full potential.
The main aspect of the 12 month contract is to lead the shared service center and play an active role in delivering a new process, data and system implementation (infor)
You will report in to the Head of Finance and work closely with the Shared Center Manager to support these changes.
• Good accounting knowledge to inform and support system, process and data change
• Ensure that finance processes and procedures support the wider finance community, define where required, in particular with regards to KPIs, finance drivers and monthly finance reporting.
• Ensure processes and procedures are appropriately documented and run correctly within the business systems; taking corrective action where required.
• Champion the importance of establishing and maintaining an exceptional level of data quality and understanding.
• Support Finance and other key stakeholders to ensure the correct level of reporting insight is available to the business.
• Embrace a culture of change and encourage continuous improvement to drive process efficiencies and enhance technology changes
• Formulating best practices and driving harmonisation/efficiencies/synergies/optimization
• Proactively manage business change and the risks impacting on the programme and BAU
• A solid understanding of core finance transactional process - Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay and Record to Report
• Ensure effective and efficient internal controls are in place;
• An excellent understanding of finance shared service centres and the ability to drive change in the Finance function and embrace new technology.
• To manage the system transition to a high performance and continuous improvement culture
• Ensuring any internal or external audit requirements are met
• Manage ‘integrations’ from ‘as-is’ to ‘to-be’ including appraising technology solutions for best fit
• A sound financial footing to provide insight when moving from ‘as-is’ to ‘to-be’ and when fully immersed in a transformation programme
• Process analysis and improvement. Experience of lean methodologies is desirable to help redefine financial processes and drive process efficiencies.
• Achieved (or studying towards) an accounting qualification (AAT, ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc.)
• Experience of change / transformation projects including ERP systems.
• Ability to establish and develop strong business relationships and good matrix management skills.
• A strong IT/Finance background.
• Track record of managing a Shared Service Centre or previous involvement in creation/optimisation of a Shared Service Centres
• Excellent negotiation and prioritisation skills to gain agreement and impetus to projects.
• As a self-starter, continuously self-motivates and works well in a team.
• Experience of matrix management
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause identification skills
• Good practical knowledge of MS Excel.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization and through constant change
• Demonstrable experience of implementing new technologies and / or system changes
• Experience of implementing and driving forward continuous improvement processes
• Strong influencing skills, capable of engaging effectively with operational stakeholders
Please note this is a FTC/Project for a period of 12 months
For further information:
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business