Project Accountant - Samlesbury - 8 month contract - £27 per hour LTD
We are currently recruiting for a Project Accountant to work for a major defence contractor based in Samlesbury. Candidates with experience of working within very large complex organisations are highly desirable.
- Prepare standard regular and ad-hoc financial reports for management information and reviews, and provide interpretation as necessary, and in line with the month end timetable.
- Produce accounting/financial forecasts, and analyses in support of the Training monthly Outlook process
- Lead the inter-company invoicing process for the Training business and support Project Management in collection of Debt.
- Carry out regular and ad-hoc financial analyses to meet management needs, including investigating variances and assisting in establishing plans to meet budget.
- Contribute as required to the transition from SAP to LN providing support to associated activities e.g. data cleanse / contract mapping.
- Contribute to developing new procedures and working methods to improve effectiveness.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects, and contribute financial support to cross-functional projects / investigations ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
Competencies required for role:
- Good IT and spreadsheet skills; good working knowledge of all relevant software financial packages
- Able to communicate financial information legibly and succinctly to individuals and groups outside the function
- Able to identify, in standard areas, problems and trends which are likely to cause future problems/issues
- Broad knowledge of corporate issues and developments, and business terminology, procedures and reporting requirements
- Knowledge of other functions, particularly Commercial & Project Management
- Strong analytical skills; and knowledge of relevant analytical techniques e.g. Variance Analysis, NPV.
Please apply without delay as there is a deadline with this role. Ref: 812952
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlistedAdvantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.
- Active Directory
- MS Excel
- Industrial/ Manufacturing Engineer
- Fighter Jet