This is a newly created role driven through the organic expansion of the business and will be responsible for the overall financial management of a selection of international developments /projects and assisting in the preparation of the management & financial accounts.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that the businesses programmes, adhere to contractual financial arrangements with the clients
• Management of compliance of project finance-related activities in line with Accounting Standards
• Providing leadership in developing budgets, oversight of expenditure, and reporting progress and completion
• Project Finance Management activities including reconciliations, revenue recognition, invoicing, costing, internal/external audit, cash flow management/reporting, MI reporting, Commentary and preparation of budgets
• Playing a key role during the start-up of the project including: establish financial policies and procedures for programs to fund and record expenditure on program activities and comply with the businesses accounting policies and client contract requirements; establish and maintain the project chart of accounts; and train in country finance staff in the use of those systems
• Process and maintain financial management records for the program expenditure provide regular reporting to the Program Director and the client as required in the contract and upon request
• Forecast of projected project expenditure monthly for cash flow management and client reporting
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with the client and other contractors
Suitable candidates will need to be qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) or equivalent and have proven project accounting experience working for a similar business. Experience line managing a small team is also essential.
In addition, experience within the international development/infrastructure/ sector and/or experience in managing contracts with Government departments is desired.
Having the right attitude, being a flexible team player while maintaining the ability to work autonomously to meet stakeholder needs is required.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business