Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the role is to manage the overall budgeting, forecasting, accounting, auditing and reporting process for Projects and Programmes across the company. The role will provide support and analysis to the Programme Executives and Project Managers on all related financial issues.
- Manage, motivate and provide on the job training for 1 member of staff to ensure their objectives are successfully achieved and the smooth running of the project finance function
- Responsible for the accounting, budgeting and forecasting processes of the company project programmes
- Establish, implement and communicate policies, processes and controls to ensure that the requirements for financial control and reporting are met
- Ensure timely production of all financial reports for both internal and external use, including month-end reporting, budgets and forecasts
- Provide a business partnering function to the Programme Executive and Project Managers
- Attend Client meetings and Project/Invasives Programme Boards as required
- Ensure that all Programme contracts, Project Initiation Documents and related documents are complete, authorised in accordance with project management processes
- Ensure correct project set up
Knowledge for Life
- Act as a key contact for external auditors and respond to requests to fulfil the audit requirements of international donors and the CABI governing Board
- Other ad hoc tasks and analysis as required to assist in the running of the Project Finance function
- CCAB qualified accountant or similar level by experience
- Graduate with strong academic record
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Experience of project accounting and donor reporting ideally within a not for profit environment
- Experience of communicating financial information to senior management both verbally and in writing
- Experience of budgeting, forecasting and analysis of financial information with a strong technical accounting background
- Record of establishing and / or auditing financial controls
- Team player with leadership ability and prior experience of line management
- International finance experience is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate effectively with non-financial managers and within a global environment
- A conscientious, customer focused approach, with the ability to be proactive and produce accurate results within short timescales
- Proactive problem solver, resilient, hardworking, dedicated and accurate
- Good team player, willing to step in and help the team
- Good interpersonal skills with strong personal organisational skills
- Attention to detail and capacity to understand and ensure compliance with different donor requirements
- A flexible can-do attitude and willingness to deal with changing demands of the role
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job