My client a global leader in their sector, are seeking to add a Project Accountant to the ever growing business unit. The role will take full ownership of the P&L and Balance sheets of a portfolio of projects.
The size and scale of projects are large and you will partner with Commercial Directors out on site to ensure you are fully integrated within the project.
The ideal candidate will ideally be of graduate calibre and will either be a part-qualified, finalist or newly qualified accountant.
- Assist in the production / review of monthly management accounts for relevant projects and Joint ventures.
- In conjunction with other Accountants ensure month end deadlines are met.
- Support Head of Finance in ensuring accounts are accurate, relevant and in accordance with accounting policies and exercise appropriate governance.
- Assist Head of Finance with the quarterly forecasting process to the point of preparing the forecast numbers ready for review.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with contract site based teams - Project Accountants and Commercial Managers.
- Assist in the regular completion/review of contract balance sheet reconciliations ensuring backup is in place and assist in JV/contract audits where needed.
- Support the wider Operations and Reporting teams in complying with and meeting deadlines and processes, including but not limited to internal and external debtor and creditor analysis and treasury management.
Skills & Attributes:
- Part/newly qualified Accountant status (ACA, ACCA, ACMA).
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Reasonable knowledge of international accounting policies; especially long-term contract accounting.
-Excellent Microsoft Excel and IT skills.
Salary & Benefits
My client is offering a basic salary of £35,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience and qualification status, as well an excellent pension and company benefits package.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
- Balance Sheet