This is an exciting role for a great Project Accountant.
Our client is an independent international NGO who are looking for a Project Accountant for a 2 month assignment.
Primarily the role is to develop the budgeting and reporting structure for their local partners in the south Asian region.
The role requires you to understand the consolidation of reports and forecasts.
We are looking for a person who is an excellent accountant and you will have knowledge of partnership management, donor reporting along with strong excel skills.
To understand the budgets and contract terms of 2 international projects and effectively monitor the staff charges and programme costs. Also you will be required to build a robust financial monitoring system for the future.
You must have excellent communication skills as you will be required to develop strong relationships with your colleagues in Asia and London. It will be desirable if you have experienced working with the south Asian region.
You will need enhance understanding of finance. You will create a 'problem solving' environment, rather than having a 'gate keeper' approach to Finance
You also require:
- Knowledge of contract financial management and 'actual versus budget' monitoring
- Experience of monitoring financial performance on Excel and intermediate formulas and techniques
- Experience of creating new Excel models
- Experience of organising your own workload and conflicting daily tasks, able to prioritise and seek guidance where required
- Be a hands on person manager, able to support your London colleagues and create a learning environment within the bustle of the day to day accounting environment