Are you a qualified accountant who is looking to join a dynamic and forward-thinking residential property developer in London? Do you come with previous project accounting experience within either a Housing Association or a privately owned residential property developer?
Transparent is proactively supporting one of our London-based clients in the recruitment of a Project Accountant to head up their biggest Joint Venture deal to date.
This person will then be developed into a Financial Controller in the mid to longer term, and will step into a Group role within the business. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to make your mark on the business, and to develop your career within a fast-paced and inspirational company.
The role will have full responsibility for monitoring and reporting the progress of development projects, as well as investigating variances and ensuring that income and expenditure is correctly controlled, approved and recorded.
Reporting directly into the Group Finance Director, your main duties will include:
- Producing accurate financial information around project profit & loss accounts, revenue recognition, cash flow forecasts, and reconciliation of project costs
- Management and control of overall project cash flow
- Reporting on actual variances to prior forecast and budget
- Producing Joint Venture entity management and statutory accounts
- Liaising with the delivery team to ensure robust financial controls are maintained
- Production of monthly VAT, CIS and other taxation returns on behalf of the JV
- Liaising with project managers when it comes to supplier queries
- Month end procedures
- Providing regular commentary on project financial status
- Deputising for the Group Finance Director when necessary
To take on this key role within the business, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- 5 years’ PQE
- Knowledge of the residential property development sector
- Experience of working with Housing Association financial regulations and procedures
In return, our client offers a competitive base salary plus other benefits which include guaranteed career development, working out of impressive offices in the Covent Garden area of London.
If this sounds like your ideal next career move, please contact Samantha Harris for further information.