fdu's Build Out practice is recruiting a Project Accountant for one of the UK’s fastest growing independent creative agencies and production houses. The Project Accountant will work closely with producers and group management to provide financial support in the delivery of several large-scale key global projects. This is an exciting time to join a flourishing SME growth international business whose head office is in London.
Candidate Skill Sets and Experience
- A chartered accountant / member of a professional accounting body or on track to be.
- Technically strong.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build a strong working relationship at all levels and through various channels.
- A team player with an open and collaborative style.
- Ability to get his/her "head around" a diverse range of financial projects.
- Project Accounting Experience is preferred.
- International Experience.
- Experience working with multicurrency accounting package.
Main duties for the role
- Reviewing and query budget, assessing each item for reasonableness and identifying costs omitted.
- Working with the management team to assess the suitability of projects.
- Reviewing and Analyse financial reports submitted, investigate any discrepancies.
- Working with production staff to find unidentified variances against the budget.
- Providing commentary on project financial statuses.
- Ensuring timely collection of receipts and allocation to the appropriate budget line.
- Ensuring that project expenditures are compliant with local legislation.
- Preparing and posting of correcting journals.
- Managing project cash flow forecasts.
- Setting up spread sheets with appropriate formulae and error checks.
- Supporting the Finance team in the month end and year end routine.
- Working with the finance team and producers to set up accounts processes.
- Managing Bank and other Balance Sheet reconciliations.