EslingKenny are currently recruiting for a US owned, international development consultancy based in central London who are expanding their team with the addition of a Qualified Project Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Director, as Project Accountant you will primarily be responsible for all aspects of the financial management and reporting of a portfolio of projects. However, the role will also include a significant contribution to the general financial management of the London office in other areas.
Key duties will include:
- Maintain accurate records of all expenditure and revenue for projects;
- Manage project accounts ensuring timely reconciliation and invoicing in line with contract requirements;
- Work with finance and project staff to improve systems and processes;
- Provide accurate and timely project financial reporting to colleagues and clients;
- Ensure project consultants are paid according to agreed schedules;
- Support the Finance Director and project teams in the setting-up and monitoring of finance teams based overseas;
- Participate in the quarterly technical and financial review of projects;
- Provide advice and support to field project consultants on matters related to accounting and finance management;
- Support the design and provision of training to project managers to ensure that all financial systems that need to be put in place in projects are understood and being implemented;
- Develop and maintain tools and procedures for preparation of budgets and financial proposals;
- Reconciliation of company bank accounts;
- Processing staff timesheets, invoices and expenses;
- Some international travel;
- Other duties as required.
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic accountant who enjoys challenging work and is keen to further their career. Below are the key skills, experience and qualities that have been identified for this position:
- Qualified (or finalist) ACCA/CIMA with a minimum of three years of relevant experience;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office skills and ERP systems;
- Previous experience of working for a consultancy or an international business would be an advantage;
- Experience working in complex and time-pressured environments;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical, organisational, and communication skills;
- Comfortable working in an open-plan environment and interacting with staff at all levels;
- Ability to work independently and lead support teams spread over wide geographic areas to achieve results;
- Flexibility to travel and work across different continents;
- The right to live and work in UK.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- The salary for this position is £45,000 - £52,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 4% contribution to a stakeholder pension scheme
- 24 days’ annual leave
- Group life insurance, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please note due to the high volume of applications we sometimes receive it is not always possible to contact every applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion but please continue to apply to more jobs represented by EslingKenny.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career - see our website for contact details.
EslingKenny Ltd is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.