A successful and well known business based in Burnley are currently recruiting for a Project Accountant on a 12 month interim basis. The project accountant will be responsible for the delivery of accurate computations and analysis of the engineering costs of all programmes managed at the site. In addition, this role will encompass all research and development and research and technology. These may involve UK government funding or European funding.
The purpose of the role is to support the finance team and ultimately the Finance Director in making value add and well informed decisions related to the direction of this area of the business. This will be done by providing benchmark reporting on the engineering costs, project activity, variance analysis and other key indicators as appropriate.
- To enhance and improve the level of information provided to the FD
- To monitor trends and performance feedback to key stakeholders ensuring they are communicated to
- Project work
- Month end journals and reports
- Monthly rolling forecasts
- Ability to produce simple, standard and accurate cost reporting
- Ensure budgets are prepared
- Support and present the financials
- Manage external audits
If you are available at short notice and you can commit to an ongoing 12 month contract please do not hesitate to send your CV to